Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episode 08

I've finally finished the translation and timing of episode 8. Took longer than I expected since doing everything by yourself isn't pretty. Before anyone asks, yes this is in 1280x720 resolution. It might not look quite up to par with my previous releases visually due to the quality of the source that it was encoded from, but this was encoded from the best raw that I could find. As I had stated before, if a higher quality raw becomes available in the future, then I will do another release for episode 8 using the better raw. Episode 8 is equivalent to episode 1 of season 2, I kept the numbers in order as to not confuse anyone.

You can grab episode 8 here, http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=66115

On a side note: This is my first translation of an actual anime episode, so I guess this is also a milestone for myself. As always, let me know if there are any problems with my releases, any comments are appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. Yay episode 8. Can't wait to watch this. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She's one crazy bitch" that's epic haha
    grats on your first translation btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg wat have u done to Mikuru-chan! Her poor virginal mouth T_T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kill yourself, Hentai!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Yeah, we're in deep shit" lolol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ken

    I thought I might spice my "first" release up a bit. Don't worry, I probably won't do something like that to Mikuru in the near future...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noo Sushi, keep up your translations, I love them! Definitely the most entertaining of all the groups. Haven't laughhed this hard watching Haruhi in a while lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very impressed. I daresay it's about on par with "a.f.k."; if you translated it to the same level of detail as afk(eg. signs & songs) I'd have trouble deciding. Then again, yours is much cleaner so others may prefer this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Cy

    Did the signs show up for you? I translated every sign and don't think I missed any. As for the karaoke, not everyone prefers having it and I personally don't think that it should be used as a factor to judge a release by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, the important ones like the wishes showed. The only untranslated sign I can remember off the top of my head is the script on the rock at the beginning of part A. Should something be there? I do agree that karaoke shouldn't be a main factor. It definitely looks cleaner without massive amounts of script everywhere, like the "box" style op/ed; subs below, romaji above and kanji down the side heheh. Still, I do prefer having it but that's just me. It's a good alternative to afk's hardsubs tho!

    ReplyDelete